1 kg of tomato
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 dl water
1 dl cooking cream
1 cream black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Tomato soup made from tomatoes from Närpes
Simple tomato soup made from local tomatoes from Närpes. Suitable both as a starter or as a larger meal, depending on how it is served.
Time: 30 minutes | 4 servings
Finely chop the yellow and garlic. Melt some butter in a saucepan.
2. Add both yellow and garlic to the saucepan and fry for a few minutes until the onion gets a light color.
3. Cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces.
4. Add water, black pepper and the sliced tomato pieces. Bring to the boil and then lower the heat, it should boil calmly. Let the tomatoes cook for about 20 minutes under a lid and make sure that the tomatoes stay below the water surface.
5. Taste, add salt & pepper to taste. After that, the soup can be mixed to advantage to be as smooth and fine as possible.
6. Finish by adding cooking cream and stir.
The soup can be served with a dash of creme fraiche and a good loaf of bread on the side.
Chop and fry the yellow onion together with the garlic and melted butter.
Chop the tomatoes and add them to the saucepan along with water and spices.
Let it cook under a lid for about 20 minutes and then mix the soup so that it becomes smooth and fine. Add cooking cream and taste.
Serve with a dash of creme fraiche and a good loaf of bread to make the meal more filling.