(6 + 3)
0.5 red onion
150 grams of feta cheese
400 grams of chicken
3-4 slices of bread
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
Salad with homemade croutons
A fresh salad topped with homemade croutons. The croutons give crispiness to the salad, at the same time as any dried bread can be used and therefore do not have to be thrown away.
Time: 20 minutes | 4 servings
Chop the optional ingredients into the salad and mix together. This recipe used: lettuce, tomato, cucumber, parsley, red onion, feta cheese and fried chicken topped with croutons.
The croutons are made as follows:
1. Choose a light bread that is getting old but is still edible.
2. Cut the bread slices into small cubes and heat the butter in a frying pan.
3. When the butter has melted - add the bread cubes and fry on high heat, feel free to add a little salt.
4. When the bread cubes have a golden brown color, pour them over on a piece of paper, also place a piece of paper on top so that excess fat can be dried up.
5. Now let the croutons rest for a couple of minutes and then enjoy the good croutons, for example, on a healthy salad, but they are at least as good with a soup!
Cut the bread slices into cubes.
Heat butter and add the bread crumbs, fry on high heat.
Fry the pieces of bread until they have a nice burnt surface.
Now let the croutons rest for a while between two pieces of paper so that excess fat is absorbed. Serve after a few minutes with a salad or on a soup.